Use your characters to work through your problems


‘I know, I know,’ Dash Gallant sighed, running a muscular hand through his perfectly coiffured hair. ‘The truth is, I just haven’t had the time.’
‘Time?’ Doctor Hadrian laughed. ‘Captain, with the Temporal Reflux Engine on this ship, you’ve got more time than you think.’
‘That’s not what I mean and you know it. The Mhal-Evol’Unt hyperborder has been breached, saboteurs have infiltrated the fleet and Fumblebot is still missing.’ He grimaced manfully. ‘With all that going on, how am I supposed to find time to update my spacelog?’
Doctor Hadrian thought for a moment. ‘Well,’ he said, ‘if you were to accelerate to five times lightspeed and slingshot around...’
‘Wait.’ Dash silenced him with a wave of his hand. ‘I’ve got it. For the time being, I can republish old spacelog entries. Just for a week or so.’
‘A spaceweek.’
‘Yes, a spaceweek. That’s what I meant. Rerunning old material will keep things ticking over until I’m less busy.’ He turned to the plexi-viewport and smiled. ‘Well done, Dash old friend,’ he whispered to his reflection. ‘You’ve done it again.’

7 comments:

  1. Don't tell me WBW has turned into a slog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dodge there, Dash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever, Dash, clever. I loved this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about this one: "Leave your readers hanging for weeks with no explanation so that some will neither confirm nor deny that they Googled you to find out if you actually died?"

    ReplyDelete