Explain how clever you are


I was perambulating unassumingly along the boulevard (this being the correct term for the particular, almost arbour-like (although not, it must be pointed out, arbouresque), thoroughfare upon which I was located) on a solstitial morning in June (I mention the precise month only because I fear my peracute polyonymy might bamboozle you by dint of sheer perspicuity) when I happened upon (or, indeed, happened to happen upon, depending on the degree of predestination or otherwise your own philosophy, dear reader, allows you to countenance) a particularly dentigerous (which is to say, imbued with a denticulated maw of considerable significance) specimen of Canis Lupus Familiaris (of the order Carnivora, the class Mammalia, the phylum Chordata and, as I am sure you have ascertained by this point, the kingdom Animalia). This, as you will shortly realise, was a chance happening (again, the question of fate in this scenario is, as you might put it, “up for grabs”) imbued with a not inconsiderable semiological heft. For now, though, do not overtax yourself with interpretive endeavours, dear reader; all (inasmuch as such a term can be applied to the, I’m sure you can find no way to adequately deny, infinitely fractured world in which we reside) shall be revealed.

30 comments:

  1. I agree! This this this is the most infuriating thing you can read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brackets within brackets is/are a beautiful thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think "by stint of" should be "by dint of".

    ReplyDelete
  4. i could not help but "overtax" myself "with interpretive endeavours".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was walking along the boulevard on a sunny morning in June, when I happened upon a dog.

    The End

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alternatively:
      I saw a dog on the boulevard.

      Delete
  6. Im worried--your writing is starting to make sense...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems like a very effective way of promoting illiteracy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks John – I’ve changed it. There’s a nice irony in a malapropism cropping up during a self-satisfied account of how articulate the author is, but I can’t claim that was intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd read more of this. Hope the narrator gets probed by an alien eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well if it had been December after all, that would have changed Everything. I, for one, am grateful for the precision.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's like reading someone trying to write Dr. Spock dialogue in fan-fiction...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's basically Victor Hugo's writing style in a nutshell. Though to be fair, he can actually pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been invaded by spammers, I see

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miriel? Is that you?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was very pleased to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. 야한동영상

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    야설
    야한동영상

    ReplyDelete
  16. REAL smart people know the value of actually being understood.
    (If they're being obstinate, tell them to perform a cost/benefit analysis on the conveyance of ideas in their conversations with respect to time)

    ReplyDelete