IN THE EVENT OF FIRE
- When you hear the alarm, calmly make your way to the nearest exit.
- If the nearest exit is on fire, consult the emergency floor-plan for an alternative escape route.
- If the emergency floor-plan is on fire, report to your building’s safety officer.
- In the event that your building’s safety officer is also on fire, dial 999 on the nearest phone and ask for the fire brigade.
- It is entirely possible that the nearest phone is, like everything else in the office, on fire. If this is the case, use your mobile – 999 calls are free on all networks, so you won’t even have to fill in an expenses claim form.
- If your mobile phone is on fire, you’re starting to run out of options. You could try shouting for help out of a window.
- By this point, you’re probably on fire yourself. Your situation now is beyond the remit of this poster. Good luck.